What is the BYU Organ Workshop?
The BYU Organ Workshop is an intensive five-day program designed for organ skill-building at all levels. The workshop includes activities beginning on Monday, August 7th, with classes held throughout the day, Tuesday through Friday, August 8th-11th.
- In-person – access to all courses including on-campus and online
- Online only – access to all online courses
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced organist, the workshop has much in store for you!
- Enhance your organ-playing skills for your own enjoyment, for church service, or for teaching.
- Discover and improve your talents and proficiency as you learn valuable techniques and tips from skilled instructors.
- Develop your own organ-playing proficiency as well as acquire key pedagogical skills for teaching.
- Study with faculty members who are capable and talented organists with years of experience.
This video is a sampling from the 2020 BYU Online Workshop.
- Field Trip to Salt Lake City
- Organ music and technique at all levels
- Hymn playing beginning to advanced
- Organ pedaling beginning to intermediate
- Using the best stops for the occasion
- Music theory at six levels
- Play for or attend masterclasses
- Private instruction and supervised practice
- Organ crawls and Q&A sessions
- Instructor recital and hymn sing